This is the first "On the Horizon"-featured movie that I haven't actually seen, but it's a fun feature and this situation is a little weird, so I'm going with it. You might have seen the trailers for Yes Man start a full promotional campaign in theaters and on TV in recent weeks.
I know others have also noticed that Yes Man appears to be an alternate version of either Bruce Almighty or Liar Liar - witness:
Jim Carrey plays a self-absorbed jerk who receives his comeuppance after some kind of psychological switch turns his life upside down. All of his past decisions and habits are reversed; hilarity and hijinx ensue with a sex joke or embarrassing freak-out every keeping the pace every five minutes. The jerk learns his lesson and everybody goes home happy.
Which movie did I just describe?
Tough to say, but regardless, I'm not really complaining since I kind of like this Jim Carrey. You see, there are actually five Jim Carreys:
- the "funny straight guy" Yes Man/Liar Liar/Bruce Almighty Jim Carrey
- the "ultra dramatic" Eternal Sunshine/The Majestic/Simon Birch Jim Carrey
- the "creepy" Me, Myself and Irene/The Cable Guy/The Number 23 Jim Carrey
- the " wacky" In Loving Color/Ace Ventura/The Mask Jim Carrey
- the "costumed" Grinch/Lemony Snicket/Christmas Carol Jim Carrey