So. I still don't exactly know what I'm doing on here and why I'm doing it, but I'm not planning to stop at 100. Rather, I'll blindly forge ahead and see what happens in the next round.
What have I learned?:
- This takes way more time than I imagined.
- It would be really hard to do this without a community of interesting people taking part, and I've fortunately found numerous other bloggers who have supported me - thanks much. If you haven't visited blogs in my sidebar, including the almost 50 LAMBs - well...they're great, don't go anywhere and just take my word for it! Totally kidding. Please visit them and learn from "people who know much more than me." Of course, it's not about what you know - just that you're interested.
- Trusted friend Jeff Sauer has been enormously helpful in helping me get this off the ground. Thanks, sowcow50.
- This takes way more creativity than I imagined.
- I've seen a lot of movies, but I haven't seen a fraction of the movies that many others have.
- Nevertheless, it's still possible to do this without ever having taken a film class or lived in Hollywood.
- For the most part, I feel confident in having achieved some of the goals I started with, and I feel the time and energy I've spent so far has been worth it.
- I have a handful of new series that I'm going to try to get off the ground in the next month or two, including some more locally flavored material for the Minneapolis-St. Paul folk.
- A possible redesign? I've been considering this for a few months but can't make up my mind, and there ain't no third direction since the Germans beat me to it. So please, help me decide (see poll): Invest in the Getafilm domain name and use WordPress (or other pro software), or do nothing and stay with Blogger? Personally, I think it's a little early for me to make the jump...
- More interactivity - this is where you come in. I know if you're not one who frequently comments it might seem a little strange to do so, but come on in, the water's fine! Believe me, no one is an expert around here (speaking for myself), and I don't feel like you'd be reading this if you had nothing to say. At least if you're like most of the people I know. Out with it!
- Possibly, some "deeper" material. I'm most passionately interested in the influence that film has on all of us on a personal, social, and cultural level (why I build "Societal Significance" into my review scale), and I'd like to try exploring it a little more intentionally. See the top-line quote from Grand Canyon for an idea of what I'm talking about.
- Some bad posts. Just sayin', they'll always be there.
- REVIEW: Rendition (weird, but lots of people have recently searched for "where Rendition was filmed" for some reason)
- 2008 Oscar Nomination Predictions